New Save The 8th Billboards ‘Effective’ & Will ‘Sway Voters’ Says Expert
This week, the Save the 8th campaign we are undertaking together took a giant step forward with the launch of a major national billboard campaign.
We have 70 of these powerful messages nationwide – with 4 of those being mobile billboards with huge reach and effect. We’re also going to run a major social media campaign with the same hugely effective messages.
Publicist director Jimmy Murphy told Newstalk radio that the Save the 8th billboards were “effective” and would “sway voters”, and were helping to set the national discourse. He also said they would have a wider reach because of ‘earned media’ - the additional coverage gained because the campaign made people think and discuss the issue.
There was widespread media interest and attention to the campaign – and the emergence of a new initiative Disability Voices for Life.
See a selection of the media coverage below.
- Breaking News: 30th January 2018
- RTE News at 6 and 9: 30th January 2018
- Newstalk: 30th January 2018
- Anne on Newstalk: 30th January 2018
- Niamh Uí Bhriain on DriveTime: 30th January 2018
- On REDFM: 30th January 2018
- Irish Independent: 31st January 2018
- Irish Times: 31st January 2018
- the Journals 'Factcheck": 3rd February 2018
- Green Party Councillors censorship attempt: 5 February 2018
- Soros funded group illegal donation: 5th February 2018
- Niamh Uí Bhriain ar Athmhaidin : 5th February 2018